Thursday, October 14, 2010

Enough is Enough

I never thought I would have to deal with such crappy dorm life. Even my brother is surprised at how bad I have it on this floor. After last night, I'm ready to get out of here. Transfer to a new dorm or go off campus (the latter being my favorite option), either way, I shouldn't have to put up with such terrible living for the money I pay to be here.

From the screaming until 1:30AM to people coming in at random, slamming the door, to last night when someone crept into my room and blew an air horn. I was so scared that I didn't have the sense to leap down and catch them. I hope they are suffering from a hang over right now. I can't close my eyes without feeling like someone is going to be creeping in at any moment. Even with the door locked. I felt more safe in the German hostile under construction; all the workers had keys to the rooms, some locks didn't work. Either way, there was a good chance of being robbed in the night. And I felt more safe there. That's a big neon sign of gaudiness telling me something has to change.

Not to mention how the lack of sleep is effecting me in class. I almost failed a math quiz I should have aced and I nearly fall asleep sitting up in my chair during American Lit and Astronomy. 
I have talked to a few friends, family, and I've been surfing the off-campus housing list and have found a few promising options. I am going to go talk to some people today and see about either getting my own room in Birch or getting out next semester. All I do is study and read. I'm not sure why I've become the target of drunken pranks, but it's got to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment