Friday, January 7, 2011

Going Back

Sunday is my last day at home before the second semester begins at BSU. And now that I'm on the other side of my month of freedom and brain-dead vegetation, I am reluctant to return. Yes, just a few posts ago I was complaining of boredom, but, for one, it means actually being goal oriented again. It was nice being able to just spend time sleeping, day dreaming, and not worrying over what time it is. And playing with my niece (who, at just the beginning of her seventh month is standing up on her own!!!!! Yes, I am a proud aunt). And reading books that had nothing to do with school, but instead everything to do with Jeremy Clarkson's nonsense (which turns into sense after reading article after article after article). Now I have to start with the lists again. For instance, tomorrow I hope to achieve: Seeing my niece and sister-in-law, watching the second Narnia movie with my BFF, cleaning my room, going grocery shopping, finishing things I made to decorate my dorm, and beginning the final rounds of laundry. The day after I need to make sure everything is packed, do Thank You's to scholarships and family, and send the Times my grades so I can actually receive my scholarship. It's an exhausting thought after doing next to nothing for the last few weeks.

But I can't help my excitement, either. New classes! Most of which are for my majors, not lib. eds (mainly because the ones I would have taken aren't offered this semester and because IF I attend Eurospring next year, I need to have lib eds to take while I'm there). I have twelve books (for a total of six classes) this semester, a mind blowing amount compared to the five I had last semester. While this means I'll be forced to make my way though a million more pages of required reading before ever reading another book for pleasure, that's okay. Because I've found that the required reading includes books I've been meaning to get to, but substitute for Swan Song by Robert McCannon or another round with Harry Potter. Or one of the many other books I have been given for Christmas, my birthday, ect. I am bringing back a thousand more books to my dorm than I took home. I might even be drowning in books by the time I unpack everything. But what a way to go!

Anyway, I still have to pack and finish gathering all my laundry, and stop myself from being distracted by two new books I just got in the mail as Christmas presents: Alex Rider's newest thrilling tale, and A Clockwork Orange. I am not sure I can keep my hands off of them. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment