Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Weekend

Yes, I caved, I went home. Again.
I did have a very good reason: a birthday party. It was great. It was for Josh, my friend's now four year old. Eyes like emerald marbles, that kid has. All the little kids (I think there was a million, but it could have just been 6 or 7 very loud ones) were girls, aside from Josh, poor kid. Still, he didn't seem to mind. I think he had a lot of fun. Not counting the little ones, I was the youngest person there. This caught me off guard at first, but another teacher I knew was there with her two little girls, and she made me feel better when she struck up conversation about BSU and her graduate studies and my majors. The conversation turned more lighthearted when my friend (hosting the party and running around making sure everything was going well) joined in to talk about another certain teacher I had and their escapades. That with the amazing food, I had a great time.
Needless to say, I will be spending at least the next two weeks here at school (homecoming is this week and I should probably participate in that somehow. . .). Maybe I will actually get more than the minimum done on homework being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment