Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stressed

Stressed. The perfect word to describe me at this moment. My hands are shaking, my head is pounding. I have been trying to study all day for Astronomy and Myth for tests this week, and guess how I'm doing?
Not well.
Granted, the Astronomy test is a take home, but the Myth test. . . We'll see. I suppose the point of these first tests is to do horribly so I can figure out what needs to be done better. Like studying and obtaining a photographic memory. I've never been one to do so horribly on a test so not to pass it. But this test. I'm beginning to wonder. It doesn't help that I get the world's worst case of test anxiety. Even when it's on a subject I'm very good at and know enough about to take a test on it.
And forget about sleeping.
It doesn't help that my stress and anxiety is making it impossible to write. I've had to start taking papers I've written before, revised them, and turned them in Advanced Writing. One of three I've had to write so far have been original to this year. This is probably stressing me out the most. Writing is my thing, my enjoyment. And here I am, recycling old pieces, unable to figure out anything that would make a good topic. I'm taking suggestions.
I think it will help once I actually have a system of studying. I'm starting to figure one out for Astronomy, though it might be too late for this first test. As for Myth. . . taking notes off of his speed talking is insane. I've probably only been able to write down half the important names and minimal definitions and explanations. This class is mounting up to feel like how stressed I was throughout Pre-Calc. My brain is going to explode at some point. I just hope I scrape by like I managed in Pre-Calc. It can be an interesting class, it's the following at trying to take notes that I'm not used to. I can only take Dad's stance of optimism in life and say, "It can only get better."

No comments:

Post a Comment